I’m going to post my empties quarterly for 2019 because I’ve noticed since last year that there are some months when I only have 2 or 3 finished products and some months when there aren’t any. This year though, last month has seen a lot of emptied items and February had none. Anyway, here are those empties. Continue reading
I’ve thought long and hard on how I should review these 3 products from Human Heart Nature. I’ve used them all together and apart from each other for several weeks each and I’m finally ready to share with you my opinions about them. I actually received them last year along with a little potted peace lily plant. Continue reading
This haul did not happen in one day because for the past 2 weeks, I’ve been purchasing items one by one. Curiosity sometimes gets the better of me and I end up giving a few things a go without a second thought. Before I know it, I’m in front of a cashier paying for bits I impulsively pick up.
Well, I’d like to share with you guys what I got, some I’m already trying out and others I have yet to open (yes, I can be lazy a blogger).
- Snoe Beauty Hair Heroes Extreme Curl Defining Creme. I actually wanted to get the Super Fresh Texturizing Beach Waves from the same brand but the SA personally recommended this instead. She told me she has tried both and she prefers the creme one as it holds a curl better and lasts longer than the other.
- Za Cosmetics Deep Cleansing Oil. This was one of those impulse buys. I’ve wanted to try it for ages ever since I heard Za was coming back to the Philippines. Incidentally, Victoria from The Vee Side casually mentioned how this was a disappointment to her. Then a week after, I was in Watson’s checking out a couple of things. I passed by Za, chatted with the SA and poof! I suddenly have this in my hands. Completely forgot about what I read. Oh well, I’ll just have to see how it works for me.
- Human Heart Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil. Another impulse buy, you guys. I featured this when I was challenged by Julep for a DIY pedicure when I used it as a cuticle softener. Other than that, I’ve been mainly using it as an overall body and under eye moisturizer. I must say, it’s pretty damn good.
- Beauty Buffet Masks. Since last month, I’ve been getting into these facial masks. It all started with a resolve of mine to finally use up some skincare samples and gifts I received. I’ve been using one per week and I’m trying to make it a part of my skincare routine at night. So far, I’m loving how it makes my skin so soft in the morning.
- Gatsby Moving Rubber Loose Shuffle. My frustration with having loose, wavy curls got the attention of my friend who was sporting some seriously gorgeous ones the day we had lunch at the Powerplant Mall in Rockwell, Makati. She insisted I try the small-sized container.
- Limecrime Velvetines. After months of lemming and overthinking, I finally gave in and ordered 2 shades. I know they are much raved. I’m hoping my dry lips can take them. Hang tight to see which ones I got.
So, did any of you picked up some new items? Or are you familiar with my purchases? Do tell.
Don’t forget to follow me on:
BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
I was recently contacted by the wonderful people at Julep to partake in a DIY pedicure challenge inspired by the summer season. Oh boy, was I excited to do it! They have their own pedicure guide for those of you who want it.
Let me get this out first. One, summer season is already over and done here in the Philippines. Two, Julep is not locally available here. If they were, I’d definitely be using their polishes for this challenge and I would be one of the first people to get their hands on the Plié wand. Definitely makes manicures and pedicures easier for clumsy girls like — ahem — yours truly. (You would not believe how many polish splatters have decorated my bedroom floor, sheets and table.)
So why did I accept the challenge?
I do love bold and bright nail polishes. I may not be as eager to purchase them as I do with lipsticks but a bright spot of color on my nails and toes is one way to perk me up especially in this gloomy weather we’re having. Second, doing this reminds me how much I love summer — the beach, shorts, sandals, bikinis and colors. Continue reading