I’m so happy that my favorite local brand, Happy Skin is branching out to include nail polishes. As soon as I saw they were on display at the Power Plant Mall, I quickly bought three of my top picks! Continue reading
For the past 10 years or so, I have never let my nails near a nude or neutral color. I did in high school but that was because it was forbidden to wear nail polish at the time. Neutrals are so easy to hide from the teachers! As soon as I got to college, I was all about the colors. It was either something bright or something dark (think along the lines of berries, burgundies or navy).
Last weekend, my friend encouraged me to go for a classic color on the nails instead (and I persuaded her to try an orange-coral on hers). Among the shades, I was drawn to this neutral pinky-brown by OPI, Dulce de Leche. It took awhile to get used to but I’m actually liking it. It looks professional and while it doesn’t grab any immediate attention, I can’t stop looking at it.
So pretty. And feminine.
Well, that’s it. I just wanted to share with you this little bit of nail polish I’m currently digging.
How about you, what color are you wearing on your nails now?
Don’t forget to follow me on:
Who’s ready for fall people?
I am. Even if we don’t have that season here. I’m still feelin’ the vibe.
I’ll be sharing with you some of the beauty products I’ve set my eyes on.
- NARS Audacious Lipsticks. Have you seen the entire shade range? It’s HUGE. And Temptalia gave them top marks. You know me when it comes to her recommendations. They’re automatic beacons. I think I’ll start with some delicious looking berry shades this year and try some coral ones for spring next year. Sounds like a solid plan, yeah?
- Zoya Entice & Ignite Collection. I am very much ‘enticed’ by the Entice collection. The one above is Veronica (brilliant red-wine) and Claire (warm, rich burgundy). You can never go wrong with burgundy and wine shades on fall.
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. A neutral palette for a smokey look has always managed to grab my attention. Whether it’s a high end or drugstore brand, my vanity table has space for more.
- Guerlain KissKiss Shaping Cream Lip Color and Ecrin 4 Couleurs. The new lipstick range and the 3 new quads are all permanent. Oh yeah! But I can’t decide which one I like more from the quads — therefore I should buy first, Les Sables or Les Violines. Rose or plums?
- Yves Saint Laurent Blush Volupte. I was never that interested in any blush from YSL, except for the previously released Kiss & Blush which really is a lip-and-cheek duo, until this when I read Belletristic’s Review of Passionnee. It was too beautiful! I was particularly drawn to the coral shade of Heroine. Totally appealed to the coral lover in me.
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation. I love my KGD and MUFE F&B foundation. I really do. But every so often I get intrigued by other bases being released in the market. This one promises to “deliver the most natural looking color and lightweight coverage.” Right there are the two words I look for in any foundation, natural and lightweight.
- Charlotte Tilbury. This September, Charlotte Tilbury will finally be available in the US. I’ve been making a list of all the good stuff I want from her makeup collection. I will have them if not all at once, then one by one. The one above is the Filmstar Bronze and Glow.
- Tom Ford Contouring Cheek Color Duo. I know it’s not realistic to want this limited edition duo but damn it, I can’t help myself.
I was recently contacted by the wonderful people at Julep to partake in a DIY pedicure challenge inspired by the summer season. Oh boy, was I excited to do it! They have their own pedicure guide for those of you who want it.
Let me get this out first. One, summer season is already over and done here in the Philippines. Two, Julep is not locally available here. If they were, I’d definitely be using their polishes for this challenge and I would be one of the first people to get their hands on the Plié wand. Definitely makes manicures and pedicures easier for clumsy girls like — ahem — yours truly. (You would not believe how many polish splatters have decorated my bedroom floor, sheets and table.)
So why did I accept the challenge?
I do love bold and bright nail polishes. I may not be as eager to purchase them as I do with lipsticks but a bright spot of color on my nails and toes is one way to perk me up especially in this gloomy weather we’re having. Second, doing this reminds me how much I love summer — the beach, shorts, sandals, bikinis and colors. Continue reading
I love the summer season. Take away the heat and humidity, it’s the perfect time to head to the beach and lounge under the sun.
For a make-up addict like moi, it’ s also the time to dive into some bright colors and go gaga over bronzers. Plus, if you’ve noticed some of the summer releases, blue seems to be a particular favorite.
These are my wishlist picks for the summer. Begging my pardon in advance if I somehow make you lust after these too. I just need to flush them out of my system (like that can actually happen! LOL).
- Guerlain ‘Terracotta Sun Celebration’ Bronzing Powder
- Dior ‘Transatlantique – Vernis’ Nail Enamel and Couture Stickers Duo in Sailor
- Guerlain ‘Rouge G de Guerlain Rose’ Lip Color in Rose Grenat
- Dior Addict Fluid Sticks in Pandore, Aventure and Wonderland
- YSL Summer Eyeshadow Palette
- Dior Nude Tan Matte Sun Powder in Amber
- Chanel Reflets D’Ete De Chanel Le Vernis in Pink Tonic
- Chanel Le Blush Creme de Chanel in Cheeky
- YSL ‘Baby Doll’ Kiss & Blush
- YSL ‘Dessin du Regard Waterproof’ Eye Pencil
- Tom Ford Unabashed Eye and Cheek Palette
Don’t forget to follow me on: