Have you ever experienced buying a set of beauty products because you only like a couple of items in it? And the others are just bonuses you believe you’ll eventually use someday? But then you forget all about them. They’re just sitting there in one of your drawers unopened until months later you find them again when you’re trying to find something you’ve misplaced.
Well, that’s what this post is all about. Every once in a while I will rearrange the products on my acrylic drawers (to make more room for more products obviously). Well I came across several gems I haven’t used yet. Samples, minis, and even full-sized products that accumulated over time.
I tell you, it was like discovering a hidden treasure chest full of goodies. I get to rediscover them one by one. Let me start with the only bareMinerals blush I have. Continue reading
Who’s ready for fall people?
I am. Even if we don’t have that season here. I’m still feelin’ the vibe.
I’ll be sharing with you some of the beauty products I’ve set my eyes on.
- NARS Audacious Lipsticks. Have you seen the entire shade range? It’s HUGE. And Temptalia gave them top marks. You know me when it comes to her recommendations. They’re automatic beacons. I think I’ll start with some delicious looking berry shades this year and try some coral ones for spring next year. Sounds like a solid plan, yeah?
- Zoya Entice & Ignite Collection. I am very much ‘enticed’ by the Entice collection. The one above is Veronica (brilliant red-wine) and Claire (warm, rich burgundy). You can never go wrong with burgundy and wine shades on fall.
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. A neutral palette for a smokey look has always managed to grab my attention. Whether it’s a high end or drugstore brand, my vanity table has space for more.
- Guerlain KissKiss Shaping Cream Lip Color and Ecrin 4 Couleurs. The new lipstick range and the 3 new quads are all permanent. Oh yeah! But I can’t decide which one I like more from the quads — therefore I should buy first, Les Sables or Les Violines. Rose or plums?
- Yves Saint Laurent Blush Volupte. I was never that interested in any blush from YSL, except for the previously released Kiss & Blush which really is a lip-and-cheek duo, until this when I read Belletristic’s Review of Passionnee. It was too beautiful! I was particularly drawn to the coral shade of Heroine. Totally appealed to the coral lover in me.
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation. I love my KGD and MUFE F&B foundation. I really do. But every so often I get intrigued by other bases being released in the market. This one promises to “deliver the most natural looking color and lightweight coverage.” Right there are the two words I look for in any foundation, natural and lightweight.
- Charlotte Tilbury. This September, Charlotte Tilbury will finally be available in the US. I’ve been making a list of all the good stuff I want from her makeup collection. I will have them if not all at once, then one by one. The one above is the Filmstar Bronze and Glow.
- Tom Ford Contouring Cheek Color Duo. I know it’s not realistic to want this limited edition duo but damn it, I can’t help myself.
I’m still searching for the best moisturizer suited for my oily skin, one that’s locally available.
And along the way, I saw The Body Shop’s newest addition to its Vitamin E range in one of their displays. I once used the Vitamin E Moisture Cream as my daytime moisturizer. After finishing the jar, I never repurchased. My oily skin just couldn’t handle the extra grease.
This latest addition, however, promises a matte finish with a fresh feeling. Well, color me intrigued. Continue reading
When it comes to mascaras, I prefer a little more oomph in terms of volume instead of length. That is if I were to pick only one. But no sane woman will really just choose one, now would she?
That’s because my lashes are uncurlable. They are so fine, they defeat any eyelash curler and other conventional means of curling. It’s a curse. So really, my lashes will forever be grateful to a mascara that can give them more volume.
That’s why I tried one of Maybelline’s Volum’ Express mascaras. Continue reading
This haul did not happen in one day because for the past 2 weeks, I’ve been purchasing items one by one. Curiosity sometimes gets the better of me and I end up giving a few things a go without a second thought. Before I know it, I’m in front of a cashier paying for bits I impulsively pick up.
Well, I’d like to share with you guys what I got, some I’m already trying out and others I have yet to open (yes, I can be lazy a blogger).
- Snoe Beauty Hair Heroes Extreme Curl Defining Creme. I actually wanted to get the Super Fresh Texturizing Beach Waves from the same brand but the SA personally recommended this instead. She told me she has tried both and she prefers the creme one as it holds a curl better and lasts longer than the other.
- Za Cosmetics Deep Cleansing Oil. This was one of those impulse buys. I’ve wanted to try it for ages ever since I heard Za was coming back to the Philippines. Incidentally, Victoria from The Vee Side casually mentioned how this was a disappointment to her. Then a week after, I was in Watson’s checking out a couple of things. I passed by Za, chatted with the SA and poof! I suddenly have this in my hands. Completely forgot about what I read. Oh well, I’ll just have to see how it works for me.
- Human Heart Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil. Another impulse buy, you guys. I featured this when I was challenged by Julep for a DIY pedicure when I used it as a cuticle softener. Other than that, I’ve been mainly using it as an overall body and under eye moisturizer. I must say, it’s pretty damn good.
- Beauty Buffet Masks. Since last month, I’ve been getting into these facial masks. It all started with a resolve of mine to finally use up some skincare samples and gifts I received. I’ve been using one per week and I’m trying to make it a part of my skincare routine at night. So far, I’m loving how it makes my skin so soft in the morning.
- Gatsby Moving Rubber Loose Shuffle. My frustration with having loose, wavy curls got the attention of my friend who was sporting some seriously gorgeous ones the day we had lunch at the Powerplant Mall in Rockwell, Makati. She insisted I try the small-sized container.
- Limecrime Velvetines. After months of lemming and overthinking, I finally gave in and ordered 2 shades. I know they are much raved. I’m hoping my dry lips can take them. Hang tight to see which ones I got.
So, did any of you picked up some new items? Or are you familiar with my purchases? Do tell.
Don’t forget to follow me on:
BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM