I seldom invest in a matte lipstick but when I do, know that I have researched on it and thought about it thoroughly before purchasing a tube. I’ll read dozens of reviews first and decide from there if the formula is good enough for my too dry lips.
Especially if it’s a high end brand like Yves Saint Laurent. Continue reading
Hope you’re all having a pleasant weekend everyone!
Today’s post is just a showcase of what I recently got. I haven’t hauled so much in a long time being busy with my medical residency training and all that. Sometimes though I’d need a thing or two to look forward to, hence retail therapy of the makeup variety. Continue reading
It’s that time of the year again when Nordstrom is in the throes of its anniversary sale.
Truthfully, I’m a bit disappointed with the catalog. Last year’s catalog had my mind up in knots deciding what to get. (There was actually one Marc Jacobs watch that got away.)
But nevertheless, here are some of my picks this year just in case you’re wondering. Take note that at this moment some of them have already sold out.
1. Chloe Marcie Tote
Who’s ready for fall people?
I am. Even if we don’t have that season here. I’m still feelin’ the vibe.
I’ll be sharing with you some of the beauty products I’ve set my eyes on.
- NARS Audacious Lipsticks. Have you seen the entire shade range? It’s HUGE. And Temptalia gave them top marks. You know me when it comes to her recommendations. They’re automatic beacons. I think I’ll start with some delicious looking berry shades this year and try some coral ones for spring next year. Sounds like a solid plan, yeah?
- Zoya Entice & Ignite Collection. I am very much ‘enticed’ by the Entice collection. The one above is Veronica (brilliant red-wine) and Claire (warm, rich burgundy). You can never go wrong with burgundy and wine shades on fall.
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. A neutral palette for a smokey look has always managed to grab my attention. Whether it’s a high end or drugstore brand, my vanity table has space for more.
- Guerlain KissKiss Shaping Cream Lip Color and Ecrin 4 Couleurs. The new lipstick range and the 3 new quads are all permanent. Oh yeah! But I can’t decide which one I like more from the quads — therefore I should buy first, Les Sables or Les Violines. Rose or plums?
- Yves Saint Laurent Blush Volupte. I was never that interested in any blush from YSL, except for the previously released Kiss & Blush which really is a lip-and-cheek duo, until this when I read Belletristic’s Review of Passionnee. It was too beautiful! I was particularly drawn to the coral shade of Heroine. Totally appealed to the coral lover in me.
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation. I love my KGD and MUFE F&B foundation. I really do. But every so often I get intrigued by other bases being released in the market. This one promises to “deliver the most natural looking color and lightweight coverage.” Right there are the two words I look for in any foundation, natural and lightweight.
- Charlotte Tilbury. This September, Charlotte Tilbury will finally be available in the US. I’ve been making a list of all the good stuff I want from her makeup collection. I will have them if not all at once, then one by one. The one above is the Filmstar Bronze and Glow.
- Tom Ford Contouring Cheek Color Duo. I know it’s not realistic to want this limited edition duo but damn it, I can’t help myself.
Today, I’m going to show you all about my current favorite lip liner, MAC Cranberry, and some of the wonderful lip colors I have paired it up with.
First of all, I wanted to entitle this as, “More Reasons to Fall in Love With The Cranberry Lip Liner: My Top 5 Lip Combinations”. It sounded so good in my head but it turned out to be a mouthful.
Second, I wanted to narrow it down to the top 5 but I was having difficulty in picking the lipsticks I wanted to feature so I apologize, it ended up not being a “top 5” thing.
It’s a top-6 instead. Wink. I’m silly that way.
Here they are: Continue reading