The past year has been amazing. I met people online and offline who are just as addicted to makeup as I am. I, the girl behind her glasses, am extremely thankful to everyone who has taken their time to visit my little corner on the web, liked my posts and commented.
Now, what beauty blog would this be if I don’t list down the most amazing finds I have discovered in 2014? So sit back, relax, grab a cup of tea or hot cocoa, perhaps some biscuits too if you want. Here they are, the best of the best products, in my opinion at least. 😉
When long hours at work are inevitable and I have to plunge my head on multiple tasks/errands and deadlines, I only trust the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (review) to make my makeup last until late into the night. Or when, you know, there’s no time to reapply my makeup for after-work dinner and drinks. In second place is the Purely Cosmetics Oil Absorb Powder (review). Sometimes, I add a little dusting of it if I feel I’m going to be exposed to a more humid environment. It does help in keeping the oilies away for a few more hours. Continue reading
Who’s ready for fall people?
I am. Even if we don’t have that season here. I’m still feelin’ the vibe.
I’ll be sharing with you some of the beauty products I’ve set my eyes on.
- NARS Audacious Lipsticks. Have you seen the entire shade range? It’s HUGE. And Temptalia gave them top marks. You know me when it comes to her recommendations. They’re automatic beacons. I think I’ll start with some delicious looking berry shades this year and try some coral ones for spring next year. Sounds like a solid plan, yeah?
- Zoya Entice & Ignite Collection. I am very much ‘enticed’ by the Entice collection. The one above is Veronica (brilliant red-wine) and Claire (warm, rich burgundy). You can never go wrong with burgundy and wine shades on fall.
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. A neutral palette for a smokey look has always managed to grab my attention. Whether it’s a high end or drugstore brand, my vanity table has space for more.
- Guerlain KissKiss Shaping Cream Lip Color and Ecrin 4 Couleurs. The new lipstick range and the 3 new quads are all permanent. Oh yeah! But I can’t decide which one I like more from the quads — therefore I should buy first, Les Sables or Les Violines. Rose or plums?
- Yves Saint Laurent Blush Volupte. I was never that interested in any blush from YSL, except for the previously released Kiss & Blush which really is a lip-and-cheek duo, until this when I read Belletristic’s Review of Passionnee. It was too beautiful! I was particularly drawn to the coral shade of Heroine. Totally appealed to the coral lover in me.
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation. I love my KGD and MUFE F&B foundation. I really do. But every so often I get intrigued by other bases being released in the market. This one promises to “deliver the most natural looking color and lightweight coverage.” Right there are the two words I look for in any foundation, natural and lightweight.
- Charlotte Tilbury. This September, Charlotte Tilbury will finally be available in the US. I’ve been making a list of all the good stuff I want from her makeup collection. I will have them if not all at once, then one by one. The one above is the Filmstar Bronze and Glow.
- Tom Ford Contouring Cheek Color Duo. I know it’s not realistic to want this limited edition duo but damn it, I can’t help myself.
Hello there! How have you been doing on this fine day?
As for me, June has kept my days busy and brought me a medley of new products — MAC was certainly at the forefront with their new releases — and some old ones to play around with. So busy that I wasn’t able to do a product round-up for the month of May. I apologize for that and I hope you’ll forgive me. That said, here are the products I have favored for the past month.
Alba Botanica Good & Clean Pore Purifying Mini Peel and Daily Detox Foaming Cleanser (not in the photo). The combination of these two products makes me feel as if summer has never left my country. Their citrus-y scents always makes my skin feel so refreshingly clean. I promised a review of the peel last May but I recently picked up the cleanser so I thought why not just post a review of the two together. This month, I really promise. Send me a message if I don’t deliver okay?
Make Up For Ever Face & Body Foundation. One never knows the weather we’re going to get in the Philippines. One minute it’s raining and the next, the sun is out. Either way, I’m wet from the downpour or sweating buckets from the heat. It’s this waterproof foundation to the rescue then! Here’s my original review. Continue reading
Oh, Guerlain, you had me at hello.
Well no, not literally. If your products could talk by themselves, that would be really amazing. Except they don’t. It’s fine with me though because they sure as hell had me at their packaging.
And even if your limited edition bronzer cannot speak a word, it still got my undivided attention. It was without a doubt, love at first sight. I’m so head over heels that I’m about to swoon. Continue reading
This summer, I’ve noticed that fuchsias seem to be one of my favored shades, aside from corals — what else is new? I love how it gives me a more confident look, can brighten up my smile and how I can wear it straight into the evening for a night out.
For their summer collection, Guerlain released 7 new shades of their Rouge G de Guerlain Lipsticks, 2 of which are limited editions encased in colored lacquered cases. Temptalia recommended it and after much lemming I finally gave in and said, “Come to mama.”
Do take note that this is my first Rouge G de Guerlain lipstick. Continue reading