Hi everyone! I’m a thirty-something Filipina with a penchant for art, literature, fashion & beauty. I was a Psychology major in college and have a postgraduate degree as a Doctor of Medicine. I started this blog before I got into dermatology but now, I am a board-certified dermatologist who longs to undergo subspecialty training someday.
Some tidbits about my skin. I have oily, dehydrated skin dealing with issues of hormonal acne and congested pores. Yes, even dermatologists get acne. My face has a neutral undertone while my neck is quite warm. I am somewhere in between an NC 15 and 20. In general I’d describe my skin as light with neutral to warm undertones.
I’ve written some articles lately, talking about different skin issues and skincare:
- #AskADerma: Q&A with Dr. Nikki Paderna on Combination Skin & Pores
- Let’s Talk Face Acids and Their Uses (talked about citric acid)
- The Derma Corner (my column on Project Vanity)
- How to get rid of “maskne”, according to a dermatologist
- What to do with hyperpigmentation from acne (or PIH)
- What you need to know about eczema and how to manage it
- The 101 on warts, potential treatments and how to avoid them
- What a dermatologist really thinks of rejuvenating sets
- Five common skincare myths
- Six skincare mistakes you might not know you’re committing
- Do oral supplements do anything to achieve good skin?
- What you need to know about retinoids, according to a dermatologist
- How to take care of your neck so it doesn’t show your age too easily
- Eight skincare resolutions to commit to in 2021
Drop by some time and let me know what you think. You can also send me questions about anything especially if it’s about the skin. Remember, dermatologist here.
Don’t forget to visit/follow me on: