Hello, hello! Today I’ll be finally talking about my favorite sunscreen of all time. I don’t know why I haven’t written about it as soon as I decided it’s the best I’ve come across. I’ve recommended it to a lot of my friends and to anyone who’s asking what I use. And every new sunscreen I test, I always compare it to this and most of the time, they pale in comparison.
SUNSCREEN FOR MERMAID SKIN
Splash! Feel as fresh as a mermaid princess♥
Powerful, yet delectably moist
● SPF 50+ / PA++++
● Smooth gel without that roughness or stickiness characteristic of most sunscreens. Recommended for those who prefer a light, refreshing sunscreen. Splash it on like a facial lotion – also serves as a make-up base
● Gel breaks down into a watery texture as you smooth it over your skin. After using face wash, this is all you need for complete skincare and UV protection.
*Can also be used after your usual facial lotion and other skincare products.
● Serves as a moisturizing make-up base with UV protection. Infuses your skin with moisture, helping your foundation to sit better and last longer.
● Use it on your body, as well as your face. Skincare gel with 85% beautifying ingredients
● This pleasant watery gel contains 85% beautifying ingredients. Easily portable tube format
● Sunscreen is most effective when reapplied frequently. Comes in an easily portable tube that makes it simple to adjust the amount you apply, so it’s perfect for reapplying sunscreen when you’re out and about.
The Mermaid Skin Gel UV SPF50+ PA++++ only has 40 g of product in its simple plastic squeeze tube. It has a pale yellow color and is not totally unscented. It has a slight sweet and powdery smell that’s not too strong which I really like. The scent quickly dissipates anyway so it doesn’t bother me at all. In fact, I quite like how it smells.
The sunscreen has a gel consistency from the start that breaks down into a more watery formula. This makes it easily absorbed by my oily skin within seconds of application. It feels tacky at first but as soon as it settles, it only feels smooth on the skin without any stickiness or greasiness. There isn’t any white cast either and it makes my skin look softly dewy but not oily. The photo down below shows how it doesn’t make me overly dewy, comparing my skin from before which is after I’ve applied moisturizer to after, when I’ve applied this sunblock.
Aside from being a sunscreen, it also claims to act like a moisturizer and primer. True, there are some days when I don’t apply any primer and this pretty much helps smoothen out my skin before I put on any makeup. It has silicones in it but it’s further down the ingredients list that it doesn’t break me out. Best of all is it doesn’t contain any alcohol which makes this a good option for sensitive and dry skins too.
This retails for Php 790 here in the Philippines and only ¥700 in Japan. Considering the quality and price of this sunscreen, I’ve given this my TWO THUMBS UP and I call it one of my HOLY GRAILS in my stash. I’ve resolved to hoard this when I go back to Japan or at least ask someone else to buy it for me because I always want a tube of this by my side.
What’s your holy grail sunscreen by the way?
Don’t forget to visit/follow me on: