Here we go once again with another makeup anti-haul post! Discouraging myself from getting new makeup has become easier this past few months. I’m kind of glad that the new releases have been somewhat of a disappointment for me.
- Let’s start with the recent Moschino x Sephora collection which has me all sorts of confused. This is supposedly an office-themed makeup, “inspired by the working woman”. This looks more like kids’ makeup and a school-themed one at that. I won’t go and explain myself further. It’s a flat-out NO from me.
- Kylie Cosmetics released a setting Face Spray in, what is probably, the cheapest-looking packaging ever. That’s not all. It just comes in a single variety. Makeup brands have come out with dewy and matte sprays. I mean, what if customers have dry and dehydrated skin, and they want something hydrating with a dewy finish?
- Tom Ford is a luxury makeup brand so their whole Emotionproof Makeup is going on here. The thing is there are other products out there that are waterproof, smudge-proof and sweat proof that won’t cost you hundreds of bucks. For example, the MAC Paint Pots are a very good dupe for their Emotionproof Eye Color and in fact perform better (according to this video from Tati — skip to 15:25).
- I’m not too sure if Estee Lauder is paying attention to the beauty community. The Bronze Goddess Desert Heat Eyeshadow Palette looks pretty, but this is another warm-toned palette and it sells for $55! I get that someone will always want a neutral palette but for the price tag, this better be huge. Instead I’d recommend a customized ColourPop palette or the Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts palette if you want something that’s pre-made.
- I thought the new Monochromatic Blush and Bronzer Duo from Cover FX would be a hit but as it turns out the matte shades kick up a lot of powder and their pans are not true to color. How’d I find out? Check out @makeupcrayz’s thoughts on them.
- Admittedly, I kind of wanted the Charlotte Tilbury Glowgasm Face Palette at first glance. Judging from the pans, Lightgasm would suit me the most but based off of Temptalia’s reviews, it was stiff and wasn’t as good as the Lovegasm palette which had a higher rating and seemed to be darker too. Also, I won’t shell out $75 for this.
Are there any makeup you won’t be picking up? Let me know down below!
Don’t forget to visit/follow me on: