Just like last year, I decided to put together all items I’ve hit pan on, emptied and the ones that didn’t work for me. Let’s get into those shall we?
With a low-buy year, I thought I wouldn’t have products I’d be disappointed in but then I take a look at the photo above and realize 3 out of the 5 items were PR products. I’ve only reviewed 2 — the Maybelline Superstay Full Coverage Foundation and the Eyenlip Pure White Tone-Up Cream. You can click on the links to know why they didn’t work for me. All the lip products included in the photo were only used once: Jane Iredale Triple Luxe Long Lasting Naturally Moist Lipstick in Joanna, Lip Pencil in Nude, and Blk Cosmetics Long-Lasting Liquid Matte Lipstick. I was so disappointed in them that I think they’re not worth a second chance. If you want me to post a review, let me know in the comments.
This is the category I’m most disappointed about because I only panned one product and again, it’s a pressed powder, the Wet N Wild Photo Focus Pressed Powder. I’ve got to work harder at panning my compacts and palettes. I need to pan some blushes, bronzers, highlighters and at least one palette this year.
I am glad though that I have quite a bit of accomplishment for my empties. I’m most proud of myself for these. Compared with last 2017, when I’ve only finished 5 items, I managed to have a bigger number of empties for 2018 — more than 30! Also, I don’t think these are all I’ve emptied. I know I have some mascaras I already threw out and 2 bottles of Vitamin C serums I wasn’t able to include. However, I’m only going mention here the items I’m sure I will repurchase because not everything became my favorite. That said, here are the products I’m sure to buy again:
- Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash
- Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop
- Etude House Nail Remover
- Biologique Recherche Lotion P50T – I will try the Lotion P50 PIGM 400 first though because it supposedly has a brightening effect
- Benton Cosmetics Cacao Moist and Mild Serum
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O AR Micellar Solution – already have a backup of this in my stash!
- Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence – I’m so tempted to get another bottle of this but I have too many sunblocks to go through first
- Purito Galacto Niacin 97 Power Essence – to be honest, I’m missing the glow this has given me
- Cosrx Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence – I also miss the brightening effect of this essence. It used to be named Whitening Power Essence by the way.
There you have it guys. Have you got any questions for me with any of these?
Don’t forget to follow me on: