My top 10 for 2015!
I didn’t manage to try a lot of products last year but I did get to experience a few amazing items so here now are the best products I have in my stash.
1. Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop. This has been a serious game-changer for me the past year. Trust Jaclyn Hill to convert me into a highlighter addict. I’ve pretty much stayed away from them when I was beginning to get into makeup. For so long, I’ve believed that my oily skin would only look worse when I wear anything shimmery or frosty. I watched one of her videos before with this product where she demonstrated on the points of her face where she usually puts her highlighter on. I tried it myself and BAM! I was highlighter-hooked. It felt like a revelation. You can read my review here.
2. Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara. I finally found a mascara that can give my all-too-short-and-straight lashes the volume and length they desperately need. Anyone who has the same problems as I have should give this a go. Review here.
3. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anita. This has been my most used lipstick of the year. Seriously. I bring it with me everywhere I go because I know it will just go with anything. You can see the signs of wear on the bullet. The color is so fabulous and the formula is too good that I just want more Audacious lipsticks. Read my review here.
4. Tom Ford Lovelust Blush. Last year, I finally got around to buying my first ever Tom Ford blush. And believe me, the hype surrounding this product, particularly this shade, is all proven to be true. At least by me. You can read my review here.
5. Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-Coloured Broad Spectrum in Marinière N°02. I’ve been picky with Chanel products, but most of the powders I come across are highly rated especially this kind of Les Beiges. Review here.
6. Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in #260 Alezane. This one was love at first sight. How can you say no to a shade this gorgeous? It’s the perfect shade of neutral. I owe this blush to a friend of mine who bought it for me at the Duty Free Mall. Read my review here.
7. Tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette. The eyeshadows here are the only thing I can’t get enough of. The perfect combination of shades — purples and mauves! — had me using it almost everyday that I forget I have other eyeshadow palettes. Go here to read my review.
8. Canmake Lasting Multi Eyebase WP. This is the first time I bought an eyeshadow primer (on an impulse, I might add) and was completely impressed that I’ve been using it ever since. You can read my review here with some comparison swatches of a few eyeshadows I demonstrated it with.
9. Canmake Marshmallow Finish Powder. I’ve already hit pan on this compact. I love it so much that I know I’ll be repurchasing it soon. Read my review of it here.
10. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Prim. Among the Tarte blushes I have, this shade is one I can rely on if I’m in a hurry and I don’t want to think of what cheek color I should put on. Like the NARS Anita lipstick, this is a mainstay on my kit. See the swatch here.
Surprisingly, no bronzer (except the Chanel one, but I consider that to be a finishing powder) or Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick made the cut for me last year. I did notice a slight change in my makeup routine the last few week of 2015. More details for that soon.
This year, I hope I’ll be able to cross a few more items off my too-long wishlist. Believe me, there are tons out there I still want to try!
Your turn, what products did you love last year? Share them! 🙂
Don’t forget to follow me on: