Good golly Ms. Molly! I’ve been nominated for an award!
Thanks to Syl from The Painted Rouge for this award, given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. I guess this is a way to know more about the blogger and to welcome new ones to the blogging community.
Without further ado, here are the questions Syl had for me:
1. Why did you start blogging/questing? From my personal introduction on my first post, I mentioned how I had a blog for personal use in Livejournal. It was mainly used to connect with people who had the same interests as I had namely, style, fashion, beauty, art and my geeky fandoms. That being said, I started focusing more on my own personal style and getting into makeup more than what was considered normal. I find myself being asked a lot by my friends for my personal opinion regarding certain looks and beauty products. So I thought, why not put that out there and throw in my two cents to the blogging community?
2. After a long and challenging journey, you find your untimate treasure chest – what’s inside? Hmm, gold and jewels to last me and my family a lifetime? Hihi. Maybe lots of books, a vintage typewriter and perhaps some ancient beauty secrets from the earlier civilizations rolled up in some scroll or papyrus. That’ll be a good read.
3. If you could only take one type of rations/food into a month long trip into the Underdark/a dungeon/a desert island/camping – what would it be? Probably an energy drink. (The human body can only go for 2-3 days without water compared to at least a month without food. Dehydration is a big no-no. It sucks that I know that or else I would have picked something loaded with carbs.)
4. The paladin is asking you what your life’s true and noble quest is. What do you tell him? I really want to be a dermatologist. I’m preparing myself for that quest.
5. What aspect of makeup do you love the most? Or, for those who don’t partake, if you had to wear one type of makeup (lipstick, blush, eyeliner, whatever) every day on pain of having your brain sucked out by a Mindflayer, what would you choose? You may also choose to fight the Mindflayer! I love how a certain type of product, whether it’s a lipstick or blush or foundation could brighten up a face. A bronzer gives a glow, a bright lipstick gives a pop of color, a blush can give a natural flush, etc.
6. How did you first get started with your current passion/hobby? I remember as a child, I would sneak into my parents room and take out my mom’s gold retractable lip brush with a red lip color still left over on it. I’d put it on and make kissy, pouty faces in the mirror. From then on, I was in love with makeup. As for books, they have always been my escape from reality.
7. You can invite five historical figures to come on a quest with you. What’s the quest, who are the figures, and why did you choose each of them? Oh, this is hard. I was just an average student at history, couldn’t remember dates and places. Anyway, I’d pick Abraham Lincoln, Joan of Arc, Benjamin Franklin, Confucius and a scientist renowned in chemistry and physics. The quest? A secret mission to save the world. It would need men and women of great intellect, bravery, planning and decision making skills.
8. Which country would you most like to live in/explore (other than the one in which you currently reside/were born)? I have this secret desire to explore all of Europe but if I have to choose a country to live in, I’d pick either Rome or Italy.
9. If you could be the wizard, what would be your most-used spell or power? I’ve always wanted to freeze time and everything around me except I’ll still be able to manipulate people and things like move arms into different positions and browse stuff in the mall.
10. You accidentally put on a pair of cursed boots that make you dance, nonstop. What sort of dancing are you doing? Irish step dancing. I watched Riverdance for a Literature class once and I was so amazed by the dancers.
Below are my nominees:
These are the rules for my nominees if they decide to accept the award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog (please!).
2. (Dig in) and answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 (or as many as you like) of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers (on their blogging platform/site) and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 (preferably entertaining!) questions for your nominees to answer.
And these are my questions my nominees have to answer:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What’s the story behind the name of your blog?
3. If you could pick only one beauty product, whether you have it or not right now, to use for a whole month and nothing else, what would it be and why?
4. What was the last book you’ve read, be it fiction or non-fiction? What is it about and would you recommend it to others?
5. What are the things you can’t live without? At least 5 but not more than 10.
6. Who is your style icon? It could be anyone, a friend, your mother or someone famous.
7. What camera are you using for your pictures now and what kind do you really want to use?
8. What is your current obsession? Anything under the sun!
9. Are you a cat or dog lover? Or another pet perhaps?
10. Tell me something random about yourself.
Do let me know if you’re going to accept. Have fun!